Did everyone forgot about the SAAG? where i give out cool awards
and quite a bit of cash prize around the year end? How can you forget that people!!! Its like filmfare awards, but a bit more star studded!
For those who arrived late, its Smalltowngirl's Annual Award Giveaway, my way of saying that i am thankful for your support and i really really love your blog and i am really glad that this platform brought us together! Yeah, the idea is patented.
So this year, the SAAGs goes to... *drum roll*
1. Fezi the Kitchen Boffin: Isn't it strange that amongst all my college mates i was the sole blogger for like 3 years? And ours is not in any way a lame college. Its just small. That's why i rejoiced when Fezi, my classmate and my bench mate in final year(yes we had benches and desks) joined me in the blog sphere this year. We knew we were special when in our second year we published this very funny(for only us) and handwritten class magazine. She is a great cook these days and i will not embarrass her by telling how she ate rice flakes at alarming rates and didn't knew how to brew coffee during the time i knew her. I am glad that she found a way to unleash her creativity and i know she
will go a long way.
Well, check her blog for cutting edge, but easy to cook recipes with nostalgic takes on them. Simply great!
For that, she receives...
2. Ramu the Lamenting Wimp: How can i not mention Ramu when i say the people i have met through this blog. Names can be deceiving. It might sound like diary of a nobody, but he is one with the brightest brain which is short circuited in a way to generate some of the craziest and funniest blog posts ever. If this guy goes on to be a stand up comedian, i wouldn't be surprised.
Check Ramu's blog for funny outtakes and crazy theories which probably won't make much sense but are guaranteed to make you laugh your ass off.
For that, he gets....
3. The Deranged Superior brain: Jobin is one of the people who genuinely care about my blog no matter how crazy i get. We had some interesting conversations which rather winded up due to, i don't know, the usual reasons, timing and time. But his blog is like a curious and unfeigned look out into life by an innocent person. He is not innocent and has seen a lot of life, but he still has that wonderment to the life around him. He has been in my support system this year and it makes me a lot happy when i see a comment from him, because i know he means well and is commenting just because he has to say something about it. Thanks man.
And there you get a....
4. Destiny's awesome child: Rajlakshmi and i started around the same time i think. But we have been together for a lot of these years and still connect via our blogs. I know she got an award last year, but this is brand new year and a brand new award. She has been there with her comments and then there are her photographs and poetry(with and without shape) and her takes on trips and lookouts through her office pantry... too much things in there, you got to check her blog!
For one awesome blog, she receives...
5. Not so sublime Karan: Karan deserved an award last year. He has been there for me you know, and i cant thank him enough for that. He seems a little busy this year, and a bit stuck with writer's block. But he never ceases to drop in with a few words of encouragement. About that block, write your way through it buddy, there is no other way.
Wishing a speedy recovery, here's to you...
I think that about sums it up. But i thank all of you who has been there and just dropped to read or say awesome to nasty stuff about my blog. And if i left anyone out, its all my fault and i give you permission to chase me down the street with a taser gun and stun me silly. Ouch.
Enjoy the Christmas and the few days that's left of 2010.