Saturday, December 18, 2010

Smoking a Cigar

I have this zest to try out new (and possibly not good) things in life. Smoking was something i was postponing for a long time. I had to do it one of these days. Not because i was stressing, not because of peer pressure. Its a thing. I had to try it.

Steps to take while smoking a cigar.

· Get a cigar first

a. Don't go to shops you know.

b. Don't nick from people who keep count.

· Find a lonely but comfortable place.

· Don't forget to carry a lighter.

· Don't take the first drag too deep.

· You might cough. Relax.

· Don't do fancy stuff at first.

· After doing it, dispose evidence, go back to your life, and don't tell anyone.


Well. This was the general plan. I suck at plans.


The first step was the easiest.

Dad smokes and its easy to nick from him. I was running around in morning chores when i saw an abandoned cigar and decided that its time i smoked one.

So i took it, grabbed a matchbox, ( where is the sophisticated lighter when i need o

ne!) and took off to my parents' room. Open doors. Well, i was lazy to climb to my room. I just came down. And my parents know i am crazy.

I sat down in peace, lighted it. Took a shallow drag.


How Did it Went:

·Its not so awesome. Its not an instant high(like pot, which i have not tried, yet ;) ), its not tasty like wine( which i love), its not comforting as food. Actually i don't know why people smoke. I will get to it later.

·Watching smoke coming out of your nose is cool. I saw it in mirror, and promptly started laughing like a hyena. Doubted for a sec if it was indeed pot.

·It burns you somewhere in pharynx. Intense and not in a good way. Made me think of smoke inhalations. Well, i was inhaling willingly, cant complain.

·I did not cough. If its my very unshakable lungs or careful maneuvering, i don't know. I like to think its the former.

·I was thinking, i am so going to blog about this, and then was not paying much attention to the butt in my hand, except occasional drags. so it stopped burring around the last 1/3rd. I didn't bothered to light it a second time.

I am probably going to sound like a very prude person or a very unadventurous one, but i think i am never going to smoke again. Its not because of the health risks. I am obese, if i had any thoughts on health, i won't be.

Its just, I didn't get why people smoke. Like i said, no high, no pleasure, no comfort! Just burning in nose and the smell of smoke. I guess its them boring people who just do it for the sake of doing something gets stuck with it as a habit. I am too lazy for habits.

So i classify it as a waste endeavour and is going to move on with poise.

The Laters:

After i disposed the butt, i waltzed into kitchen and announced, " Well, i didn't think i was going to do that!"

Mom: What?

Me: I am not telling.

Mom: *Skeptical look*

Me: phew *blowing at mom's face*

Mom: You smoked???!!!

Me: Yeah, i tried.

Mom: Krishna!( thats not my name, its the god's name, clearly in vain) What is with you kid??

Me: I just smoked, i am not going to again, because its awful! Isn't that great news? Blah blah blah( this constitutes of all the things in said earlier)...

Mom: *Staring*

Later later:

Me: Dad, it burns behind nose when smoking! WHy you even do that!!

Dad: Well, for beginners it might. Not for me anymore!

Me: Hmmm.

Dad: You smoked?

Me: Yeah. Its awful.

Dad: Ok.

Note to my future kids:

If you are reading this, i want to tell you a few things.

1. Notice that i didn't smoked till i was almost 28. I will give you one year lax. If i caught you with a cig before 27, i am going to be really angry.

2. I did it once, so if i caught you twice, you have an entire different thing coming. I dont care if you are a biker chick or a scientific reasercher on the advantages of smoking.

3. You can not use this as a leverage against me. Well, not more than once.

So what's next?

Wouldn't you like to know. :P

10 comments:

Kitchen Boffin said...

oops! do that sound like a tragedy?
better luck next time gal ;)

Jidhu Jose said...

I only tried the cigar one time. That time, my sister accompany me.
Anyway trying new things is good.But the things should be the good ones.

survivingbrain said...

:)

Carpe Diem! said...

It's always good to try new things. :) It does give you a sore throat sometimes. And it doesn't give an instant high or anything. But, when you are a bit tipsy or even quite drunk, it's awesome! :P

RuralParikrama said...

You have the coolest possible parents i guess. You smoked. You Told. They Okayed!!

smalltown_girl said...

@Fez: no next time sis!
@JJ: my bro would have killed me. he is rather a goody two shoes :|
@SB: :) hey!
@CD: u seem quite inept!
@Karan: its cuz i am a girl!! girls dont dothese stuff openly in small towns na?

chembz said...

i think u're already being too hard on ur 'to be kids..' btw de first thot dat went thru my head wen i read de title was ur bro's face wen i'd tell him dis.. but yu took away all de fun... :-/ anyways somethin new learnt.. ;)

smalltown_girl said...

@chembu
You can not tell aQQui! he will freak out :|
And then i will have to kill you.

Anonymous said...

Il semble que vous soyez un expert dans ce domaine, vos remarques sont tres interessantes, merci.

- Daniel

Unknown said...

My brother tried cigarette smoking but he really hates it after his first try. I suggested he use discount vaporizers which he immediately tried. He likes using vaporizers, especially herb vaporizer.