Monday, November 24, 2008
The Twilight- when the day meets the night, and where Bella Meets Edward
The only thing i seriously wish, for now, is to be Bella Swan, and to be Hopelessly and Blissfully in LOVE with a Vampire. It wont sound much strange and pig headed if you have heard of Twilight, or read it for that matter.
An advice to all those who have read the book, skip this page.
I suck at summaries, so i will call in someone else to give you one:
What is Twilight all about?
the official summary from Summit Entertainment
Bella Swan has always been a little bit different. Never one to run with the crowd, Bella never cared about fitting in with the trendy, plastic girls at her Phoenix, Arizona high school. When her mother remarried and sent Bella to live with her father in the rainy little town of Forks, Washington, she didn't expect much of anything to change.
But things do change when she meets the mysterious and dazzlingly beautiful Edward Cullen. For Edward is nothing like any boy she's ever met. He's nothing like anyone she's ever met, period. He's intelligent and witty, and he seems to see straight into her soul.
In no time at all, they are swept up in a passionate and decidedly unorthodox romance - unorthodox because Edward really isn't like the other boys. He can run faster than a mountain lion. He can stop a moving car with his bare hands. Oh, and he hasn't aged since 1918. Like all vampires, he's immortal. That's right - vampire. But he doesn't have fangs - that's just in the movies. And he doesn't drink human blood, though Edward and his family are unique among vampires in that lifestyle choice.
To Edward, Bella is that thing he has waited 90 years for - a soul mate. But the closer they get, the more Edward must struggle to resist the primal pull of her scent, which could send him into an uncontrollable frenzy. Somehow or other, they will have to manage their unmanageable love.
But what will they do when Laurent and James, the Cullens' mortal vampire enemies, come to town, looking for Bella? A modern, visual, and visceral Romeo and Juliet story of the ultimate forbidden love affair - between vampire and mortal.
END of official summery.
Thus begins my views:
1.The settings for the book is totally captivating. The dark small town. too much rain and too much snow. Bella hated the place until she meets boy, or should i say, 108 year OLD vampire.
2. Edward not shy or too manly to confess his love which is refreshing.
3. How Edward's fascination with a girl who's smell makes him crave for more of her and whose thoughts he can not read changes to Love for someone so natural and fresh, who trusts him and accepts him for what he is- its amazing.
4.Favorite dialogues- "I may not be human, but i am still a man" - Edward.
"You are the most important thing to me now. The most important thing to me ever."-Edward
"I'm here… which, roughly translated, means I would rather die than stay away from you."-Bella
5.The first half is sweet romance, and even if it lack of any serious event or thrilling story point, it still dazzles you, like Edward does, as Bella says.
6. The second half is gripping tension, well towards last, and still what you are aware of is the love the vampire has to the girl.
7. Modern day Romeo and Juliet? NO. Romeo is still not THIS romantic. Not as much as Edward.
8. The novel makes you seriously want to believe in vampires and the forever kind of love.
9. The love is so real even without a single sexually inclined scene.
10. The innocence of Bella can be seen in her views of Edward, the trust even after knowing ow dangerous he can be to her.
11. The century old english names are fascinating.
12. The movie stills look awesome. i dont know how this will work out in movies. How much cute robin pattinson may look, he wont look like Edward to me, sinfully beautiful, angelic and devilishly cruel and ghostly at times.
Well. its a good read... so get the books, snacks and coffee ready.. Its the book to read for all you romance loving, fantasy fascinated girls... And dont tell me you are not one.. I simply wont believe you.