Well, this is the first time i am living in a city, so obviously i have some things to say about it! (Well. when was the last time i hadn't?). I have been on short visits to many, but staying, is indeed a different experience. This will increase as days go on, i suppose.
As first impressions go...
- Too much people. I knew about this. But this makes everything rather sucky. No one has time for you! Even when asked an info! And Queues! J effing Christ, just kill me before one more line at any place.
- I never thought crossing a road would be difficult for me. At crosses.
- Street food: Yummmm!!!!
- Choices in restaurants and bakeries: Yummmmmm!
- Price of food: Not so Yum.
- Living alone is scary. Especially when you have just read The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo, which details crimes commited against women in a very detailed manner.
- Living alone meant having to clean my apartment myself, unlike home. But to be honest, i loved it. Felt very self-sufficient like. (Not so alone now. New room mate. Me don't like much.)
- Chlorinated water makes my hair like rough fibers. Not a fan.
- Missing family like crazy. Which can be translated to four times the phone bills.
Life is good. Shopping next week. Should be fun.