Friday, May 29, 2009
You can only answer yes or no.
You are not allowed to say anything or explain anything unless someone messages you.
Danced in front of your mirror? : - Yes
Told a lie? : - Yes
Gotten in a car with people you just met?: - Yes
Been in a fist fight? : - Yes
Had feelings for someone who didn't have them back? : - Yes !
Been arrested? : - No
Left your house without telling your parents? : - No
Ditched school to do something more fun? : - Yes
Slept in a bed with a member of the same sex? : - Yes
Seen someone die? : - No
Kissed a picture? : - Yes
Slept in until 3? : - Yes
Laid on your back and watched cloud shapes go by? : - Yes
Played dress up? : - No
Fallen asleep at work/school? : - No
Felt an earthquake? : - Yes
Touched a snake? : - Yes
Ran a red light? : - No
Had detention? : - Yes
Been in a car accident? : - No
Pole danced? : - No
Been lost? : - Yes
Sang karaoke? : - No
Done something you told yourself you wouldn't? : - Yes
Laughed until something you were drinking came out your nose? : - Yes
Caught a snowflake on your tongue? : - No
Kissed in the rain? : - No
Sang in the shower? : - YES
Got your tongue stuck to a pole? : - No
Ever gone to school partially naked? : No
Sat on a roof top? : - Yes
Played chicken? : - No
Been pushed into a pool with all your clothes on? : - No
Been told you're hot by a complete stranger? : - No
Broken a bone? : - Yes
Mooned/flashed someone? : - NO
Forgotten someone's name? : - Yes
Slept naked? : - Yes
Blacked out from drinking? : - No
Played a prank on someone? : - Yes
Felt like killing someone? : - Yes
Made a parent cry? : - Yes
Cried over someone? : - Yes
Had sex more than 5 times in one day? : - NO
Had/Have a dog? : - Yes
Been in a band? : - No
Drank 25 sodas in a day? : - No
Shot a gun?:- No
edited it. being too truthful on a public blog is not good.
Thursday, May 28, 2009
2. Curious people who just cant shut up(i might be this at times, but to only those who will jump at me about it)
3. Free advisers especially mom and dad's friends, to whom i cant ask to shut the eff up. ( Actually i don't say that to any stranger who gives free advices. Good girl and all :| )
4. Starers Do i need to describe?
5. Over smart people at shops- Hello, you are here to please me. Do that by shutting up.
6. People who are smarter than me- This is a very personal issue. I should never have admitted this.
7. Over friendly strangers in trains etc- Hi there, nice to meet you. See i have a book. Will you please let me read it?
8. Too much flirtatious people- Don't they have a limit?
9. Braggers- I do this sometimes. Still.
10. Ganguly Bashers- He plays bad, he cant run, he cant see, he is arrogant. Jeez, i know this.
11. Relatives who kicks me out of my room- I cannot pretend to be nice. And couch sucks.
12. Criticizers - I don't deserve to live. So? That is my problem.
13. Naggers- Anyone disagrees? Mom, you are included.
14. Those with bad language skills- I know i am on a ticket to hell, but i CANNOT suffer this.
15. Those with happy ending who rubs it on my face- Yeah yeah, you are well off and all, but i still get to have random hate sex with strangers.
( i don't say this too. And i dont do random stranger-hate-sex too. I need to shed good girl image. Don't you think so?)
Sunday, May 24, 2009
Me-So, When is it?
Sony-Who knows. I don't even have time to sleep. Someone here has to plan it if there is to be a ceremony.
Me-So how is it done? You actually immerse the kid in holy water? :O
Me-What you mean? You were not Christened?
Sony- Yeah i was, but how would i remember?
Me- So your brother's kid, she is two now naa. What about her's?
Sony- Dear, this is one of THOSE ceremonies.
Sony- The kind you don't attend unless you are the event. Like marriage. The only marriage i have seen fully is mine. This too would b the first.
Me(hopeless romantic)- :-/
Saturday, May 23, 2009
Me- So how was giving birth?
Me: So what about the ultimate joy of seeing your child?
Sony: Mm.. er.. So i was lying there, tired and deprived of sleep, then this nurse came carrying the baby and said, "here is the baby, see!". Then i was like "OK fine! Shall i sleep now?"
Me: :O :|
Thursday, May 21, 2009
Food : Anything chicken. Bro's cooking. and sweets. chocolates, snacks........... BIG list
Pub/Disc/Restaurant : Whom i am with is more important. and smalltowns don't have pubs that encourage girls :|
Candy : ,Cadbury Dairy Milk, Hersheys, Poppins, Nestle... this would most likely be a brand list :|
Number : 8 and 4
Color : Suiting mood. dress-white, screen savers, dp etc-pink, pictures-black and white, scenery- green, food-yellow(mostly)
Animal : Dog!!!! ROCKY is my love.
Drink : er..juices only.Mirinda Tropicana and mountain dew. and pepsi diet.
Body Part on Opposite sex : I can b nice here. should i? no! so, ass. (Brett Lee rocks!)
Perfume : Hugo boss. smells so awesome.
TV Show : here comes the list. CSI NY, Disney channel, MTV India, friends, Roswell, scrubs.
Music Album : AH.. nice question. Do i need to do this today?
Movie : NO NO!! unlistable. Numero uno is Godfather1.
Actor/Actress : Orlando, James franco, Johny Depp and HEATH LEDGER. Actress... er.. Megan Fox? ;)
This or That
Pepsi or Coke : Coke. no, Pepsi... :S
McDonalds or Burger King : :|
Chocolate or Vanilla- Idiotic question. I am CHOCOHOLIC!!
Hot Chocolate or Coffee : Hot chocolate. But there are times when only coffee would understand you.
Kiss or Hug : Who are we talking about?
Dog or Cat : Dog dog and dog. Shoots cat!
Rap or Punk : Where is country?
Summer or Winter : Winter.
Scary Movies or Funny Movies : Funny ones. Esp romantic comedies.
Love or Money : Love. (When we say no money, we are not talking paupers right?)
Bedtime : Varies from 12 to 3. Sometimes even 5.
Most Missed Memory : When all my college friends went to a seminar trip and i skipped it, they ended up touring a waterfall and a film.
Best physical feature : Er... Brain?
First Thought Waking Up : Where is the mobile? Did i crushed it?
Ambition : Be happy in whatever situations life puts me in.
Best Friends : Di. Forever and always.
Weakness : Laziness, inability to keep quiet. inability to hate people who deserves it. getting emotional easily.
Fears : Loneliness, Criticism (it is never constructive for me) and some insects.
Longest relationship : is coming soon :)
Cheated Your Partner : No
Ever been beaten up : Not exactly.
Ever beaten someone up : No.
(PS:me and Di used to end up in some bloody fights. Injuries were mutual :|)
Ever Shoplifted : Yes. When i was too young and thought it was fun. Then got a lecture from mom :)
Ever Skinny Dipped : seriously? No!
Ever Kissed Opposite sex : :|
Been Dumped Lately : No.
IN A GUY/GIRL
Favorite Eye Color : Can we have blue? else, its brown.
Favorite Hair Color : Hmm, black will do.
Short or Long : Jeez, short. Is Long hair IN in boys?
Height : Taller than me.
Style : Cool, Relaxed, funny and Branded.
Looks or Personality : Personality. We are talking NORMAL people right?
Hot or Cute Hot & cute: cute.
Muscular or Really Skinny : Muscles wont hurt!!
What country do you want to Visit : Europe as a whole.
How do you want to Die : Painlessly.
Been to the Mall Lately : No.
Get along with your Parents : Most of the time. Er... :-S
Health Freak : NO NO NO!!! i don't deserve to live in that aspect.
Do you think you are Attractive : Who am i gonna kid here?
Believe in Yourself : Yes, more than often.
Want to go to College : Finished it. Going back? HELL YEAH!!
Do you Smoke : No.
Do you Drink : NO.(Jeez am i boring or what!)
Shower Daily : Yes.
Been in Love : Yes. And it sucks. Singleton ROCKS!!
Do you Sing : Yes. No one likes it except Di. ^_^
Want to get Married : Not Sure!!
Do you want Children : Not now. But yes.
Age you wanna lose your Virginity : Weird question. Not answering.
Hate anyone : Nay, may be John Buchanan. X-(
Wednesday, May 20, 2009
- Look at the list and put an ‘x’ after those you have read.
- Add a ‘*’ to the ones you LOVE.
- Star ‘#’ those you plan on reading.
- Tally your total at the bottom.
- Tag your bookish friends including the person whose list you saw!
- Pride and Prejudice - Jane Austen x*
- The Lord of the Rings - JRR Tolkien #
- Jane Eyre - Charlotte Bronte x
- Harry Potter series - JK Rowling x*
- To Kill a Mockingbird - Harper Lee #
- The Bible - Various Artists x (here and there)
- Wuthering Heights - Emily Bronte x*
- Nineteen Eighty Four - George Orwell
- His Dark Materials - Philip Pullman
- Great Expectations - Charles Dickens x
- Little Women - Louisa M Alcott x*
- Tess of the D’Urbervilles - Thomas Hardy x
- Catch 22 - Joseph Heller#
- Complete Works of Shakespeare x (some)
- Rebecca - Daphne Du Maurier x*
- The Hobbit - JRR Tolkien
- Birdsong - Sebastian Faulks
- Catcher in the Rye - JD Salinger x
- The Time Traveller’s Wife - Audrey Niffenegger X*
- Middlemarch - George Eliot
- Gone With The Wind - Margaret Mitchell x*
- The Great Gatsby - F Scott Fitzgerald x
- Bleak House - Charles Dickens
- War and Peace - Leo Tolstoy
- The Hitch Hiker’s Guide to the Galaxy - Douglas Adams x (reading)
- Brideshead Revisited - Evelyn Waugh#
- Crime and Punishment - Fyodor Dostoyevsky
- Grapes of Wrath - John Steinbeck
- Alice in Wonderland - Lewis Carroll x*
- The Wind in the Willows - Kenneth Grahame
- Anna Karenina - Leo Tolstoy x*
- David Copperfield - Charles Dickens x
- Chronicles of Narnia - CS Lewis (jeez its boring, i tried)
- Emma - Jane Austen x*
- Persuasion - Jane Austen#
- The LionThe Witch and The Wardrobe - CS Lewis ? X
- The Kite Runner - Khaled Hosseini#
- Captain Corelli’s Mandolin - Louis De Bernieres#
- Memoirs of a Geisha - Arthur Golden x
- Winnie the Pooh - AA Milne x*
- Animal Farm - George Orwell
- The Da Vinci Code - Dan Brown x*
- One Hundred Years of Solitude - Gabriel Garcia Marquez###
- A Prayer for Owen Meaney - John Irving
- The Woman in White - Wilkie Collins#
- Anne of Green Gables - LM Montgomery x
- Far From The Madding Crowd - Thomas Hardy x
- The Handmaid’s Tale - Margaret Atwood
- Lord of the Flies - William Golding
- Atonement - Ian McEwan x*
- Life of Pi - Yann Martel
- Dune - Frank Herbert
- Cold Comfort Farm - Stella Gibbons
- Sense and Sensibility - Jane Austen x
- A Suitable Boy - Vikram Seth
- The Shadow of the Wind - Carlos Ruiz Zafon
- A Tale Of Two Cities - Charles Dickens x
- Brave New World - Aldous Huxley
- The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time - Mark Haddon
- Love In The Time Of Cholera - Gabriel Garcia Marquez x*
- Of Mice and Men - John Steinbeck x*
- Lolita - Vladimir Nabokov X
- The Secret History - Donna Tartt
- The Lovely Bones - Alice Sebold
- Count of Monte Cristo - Alexandre Dumas x*
- On The Road - Jack Kerouac
- Jude the Obscure - Thomas Hardy
- Bridget Jones’s Diary - Helen Fielding x* (end of reason too)
- Midnight’s Children - Salman Rushdie#
- Moby Dick - Herman Melville x
- Oliver Twist - Charles Dickens x
- Dracula - Bram Stoker x :-S
- The Secret Garden - Frances Hodgson Burnett#
- Notes From A Small Island - Bill Bryson
- Ulysses - James Joyce X
- The Bell Jar - Sylvia Plath#
- Swallows and Amazons - Arthur Ransome
- Germinal - Emile Zola
- Vanity Fair - William Makepeace Thackeray (really tried)
- Possession - AS Byatt
- A Christmas Carol - Charles Dickens x*
- Cloud Atlas - David Mitchell x
- The Color Purple - Alice Walker#
- The Remains of the Day - Kazuo Ishiguro
- Madame Bovary - Gustave Flaubert#
- A Fine Balance - Rohinton Mistry
- Charlotte’s Web - EB White
- The Five People You Meet In Heaven - Mitch Alborn
- Adventures of Sherlock Holmes - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle x* (every single one :D)
- The Faraway Tree Collection - Enid Blyton x
- Heart of Darkness - Joseph Conrad
- The Little Prince - Antoine De Saint-Exupery #
- The Wasp Factory - Iain Banks
- Watership Down - Richard Adams
- A Confederacy of Dunces - John Kennedy Toole
- A Town Like Alice - Nevil Shute
- The Three Musketeers - Alexandre Dumas x*
- Hamlet - William Shakespeare x
- Charlie and the Chocolate Factory - Roald Dahl #
- Les Miserables - Victor Hugo X
So, tagging everyone. This is a reality check for those who considers themselves bookaholics.
Friday, May 15, 2009
See, i know what is TOO MUCH.
My question is, when you feel like the whole world is against you, you turn to some one, one among many of those closest to you. Is expecting an ounce of recognition and kindness from that someone, with whom you think you are close to, is too much? Expecting friendship and the other things that comes in that package from someone with whom you share every happiness and many a smiles, is it too much?
Why would two absolute strangers meet every night, talk like crazy, smile, laugh, share every little secrets, every night, for months? Why? Why would two people who haven't even heard each other's voice properly know so much about each other? Feel the closest to. Forgoing earlier friendships. Why? It has to be SOME friendship. right?
I too thought that. Those that happens once in a life. I thanked god that it happened twice with me. May be that is my mistake. Who knows, may be it was all an act. If it was, boy you kick every one's ass.
Everyone talked to me all the dangers that i can get into, in internet. Scary ones. No one mentioned this. And jeez, this hurts. I want to say so much. Hurl in every insult i know. Bark out eff word. Throw something. Make him feel every ounce of rejection i felt. What is the use? At the end of the day, its my heart that broke. Nothing can cure that.
Folks, Smalltown girl is not a sad person. In fact i try to find happiness in the most morose of moments. So this is a one time thingy. Let us say i learned a valuable lesson. :) Be with me, people.
Now, To You- You know who you are- See, somewhere along the way, i made you out to be someone who is so important to me, a huge part of my life, the one friend who came and never left. I was in love with what we shared. Now i have to learn how to let that go.
Thursday, May 14, 2009
In reality, my oldest nephew is 13. He is followed by some more brats who all belongs to different cousins of mine. All these kids call my auntie or masi, i buy them gifts and treats, i carry them around when i meet them.. still i never felt like a masi. I have never been around when they were born, i was not ecstatic when i heard about their birth or their cry over the phone, i was not deathly curious to see them. To be frank i was never too close to my cousins or too fond of their kids. I only see some at some weddings or so. They will never hug me spontaneously or call me to tell me their biggest secrets.. Its rather sad. So, to the happy details...
Then came Sony's turn. My closest friend from college. One day, in November, she called me to say she was expecting. To be frank, i was not ready to accept that my Sony was going to be a mom and totally forget me. But as they say, life goes on. We kept in touch throughout and were very careful not to get her exposed to radiations by phone calls etc.. We were with her through the morning sickness and backaches and my greatest regret would be that i was not with her in person. But, some things are impossible. Isnt it? I was curious to see her in full pregnant glory. Then again, we planned, the kid disposed. He (as no name is fixed till now, lets call him Vava) came 21 days early jumbling any plans of finding baby names and meddling with my plans of visiting Sony.
And ITS A BOY!!!
I am ecstatic, even though i was looking for frilly lace dresses, pinky swears and cute girly ornaments. I swear i am not less happy.
Sony is the least dramatic of my friends. She doesn't have one silly emotional bone in her body. And thus, she is the only one in the whole world who can explain childbirth in a funny tone. I always used to see the emotional after-the-birth scenes from films and novels and feel quite emotional too. Fair to say, after Sony's recital of the events i was laughing out loud and the emotional filled scenes lost its effects :|
I can see that she would be the strict mom, who would always see through the harmless lies and quick getaway plans. Its a rather cute picture. I hope i would get to see some frames. And be a part of some. :)
Wednesday, May 13, 2009
1. What are your initials?
2. What is your favorite thing to wear?
3. Last thing you ate?
Lunch. Rice and some curry. Mom's cooking. :)
4. Favorite recording artist?
Taylor Swift. For now.
5. What were you doing at 8:00 this morning?
6. Last person you hugged?
7. Does anyone you know want to date you?
Nay. Am undatable.
8. The last place you went out to dinner?
Fudz, a Restaurant in next town.
9. What were you doing 60 minutes ago?
Watching TV with Dad.
10. Why are you still up?
Because no one sleeps at 8.13 pm. Or am.
11. When were you last outside?
Yesterday, for work.
12. Favorite type of food?
13. Favorite holidays?
Onam and Christmas. As it is more days and more food :D
14. Do you care if your socks are dirty?
I would, as they usually smell when dirty. But i don't use them.
15. What is on your bedroom floor?
Nothing much. Buhahahaha.. recently cleaned. Before that, i would have had to write a whole new blogpost to compose the list.
16. What is the last thing you drank?
17. Have you ever bungee jumped?
Nay. Paranoid of heights and weird rides. That include bungee jumping.
18. Have you ever gone white-water rafting?
This comes under weird rides.
19. Has anyone ten years older than you ever hit on you?
Eh, NO! 7 years younger guy has.
20. Can you play an instrument?
Never regretted anything like this one.
21. Hows the weather right now?
Jeez.. This summer sucks. HOT HOT.. around 37'C
22. What are you listening to right now?
23. What is your current favorite song?
Love Story-Taylor Swift.
24. What was the last movie you watched?
25. Do you wear contacts?
No. Perfectly good eyes. Must be appreciated regarding my reading and computer habits.
26. Where was the last place you went besides your house?
27. Who was the last person you drove with?
28. How many piercings do you have?
Two. in ears. :|
29. How many pets do you have?
1. German Shepherd dog. Rocky aka the Funny.
30. What time did you go to sleep last night?
12 if RB is not online. 2-3 if he is. We talk an awful lot.
31. What do you usually order from Starbucks?
Nothing. Small towns don't have them.
32. Have you ever fired a gun?
33. Favorite TV show?
34. Who would you like to see right now?
RB online. Or Di in person. Or better, god.
35. When was the last time you saw your dad?
2 hours ago. Just heard his voice now.
36. Favorite flower?
37. Butter, plain, or salted popcorn?
Salted. I am in some strange way, in love with popcorn.
38. What magazines are you reading?
39. Has anyone you were close to passed away recently?
40. What's something that really bugs you?
When i am unsure about people whom i like.
41. Do you like Michael Jackson?
NO! Reminds me of pedophilia only.
42. Where would you like to retire?
I just finished college, no retirement now..
43. Favorite IPL and EPL team?
What ever they do, still KNIGHT RIDERS. and MANC.
44 Favorite cereal?
45. What's the longest time you've gone without sleep?
30, may be.
46. Do you believe in love at first sight?
47. What did you do for your last birthday?
At home, spent with family and RB. link
48. Who was your last phone call?
Missed call to RB. Or a call from Ray. Best friend's hubby, he bugs me a lot.
49. How many years at your current job?
Years? =)) One month
50. Closest green object to you?
The start button of windows. :P
Monday, May 11, 2009
Then this other guy came home. He is also from neighbourhood, the usual poor guy, who drinks a lot, jumps from one job to another and runs errands for everyone. He looks frail and dark now, a shade of a good looking guy that he was once. So he and dad are now planning a vegetable garden in the backyard.
Some background story, from mom's local news bureau- This guy, let me call him Mr.V, was a very nice guy when he was young, had a good job at a store and was a local hero, being a footballer and every one's on-call guy during fairs and temple fests, very popular and equally charming.
The cherry on top was that he was in love. Her name was Padma, the demure village girl, Shy, not very beautiful, kind of cute with grey eyes, not that good at studies, temple going... the general good girl.
For years one knew they were in love. It spanned through years, everywhere, but subtle. But like every secret, this also came out. When it did, it spread like wild fire, fast and equally destructive. There were all sorts of stories too. Some true, some lies.. Like every scandal.
Her parents were furious. Padma was married off in a hurry. That was the only solution they could think of. the caste system and all would have resulted in a greater scandal if Padma married Mr.V.
Since then, Mr.V was a wreck. He drank away his heart ache, threw away a budding career, married some girl whom he never loved.. became a disgrace of a husband, father and human being. A pathetic existence.
That is Mr.V's story.
So, after discussing the crops and the works to be done, he came to the front garden on his way out and stopped to talk to mom about her need of some fertilizers. Seeing the fumbling boy, he looked into the pale gray eyes of the kid for some moments and asked him "who is this kid?"
Mom said "He is Padma's son"
Mr.V stared at the kid for sometime and walked out through the gate.
Forgetting to say bye.